Monday, August 3, 2015

Album Review: "A Filthy Orgy of Horror and Death" by Morbid Slaughter

A Filthy Orgy of Horror and Death
There are some of my readers who really hate this kind of music.

Then there are others who love extreme metal.

I also have a few who'll at least check these posts out because they've got an open mind about music, and let's face it.... it takes a mind as wide open as the Grand Canyon to really consider this if you're not already a fan.

I took some time away from writing about extreme metal and I'm missing it.

So today we're perusing the Peruvian band, Morbid Slaughter.

They formed in Lima, Peru back in 2009. It's kind of surprising that this is their debut full length album. Well, let's check out what our new friends have for us.

Morbid Slaughter
Have you ever seen Prince Caspian?

Well, I'll get back to that.

Death metal is supposed to be scary. It's supposed to sound vicious.

Really, how much of it does scare people?

This album is scary. The vocals...

In my head I hear the line from Prince Caspian...LET THE CIRCLE BE DRAWN!

The otherworldly screeches remind me of youkai from Japanese folklore. These are the scariest vocals I have ever heard. They lack the over the top craziness, but punch hard in horror.

Which is what extreme vocals are supposed to do. Why it's such a rare occurrence is beyond me.

The guitars sound like first generation chainsaws that were left out in the rain for weeks. The drummer lumbers and flails.

The songs are slimy like they came out of the muck. This album plods and grinds.

The truest extreme metal I've heard to date.

Release: 9/4/15
Genre: Death Metal
Label: Boris Records
Facebook Link


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete