Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Album Review: "Thieves of Thunder" by MF Ruckus

Thieves of Thunder
The idea behind Glacially Musical is to spread the word of the music that I think's quality.

If I were to stick with a single genre of music, I might have a more dedicated fan base, because most people do not have the strangely eclectic taste in music that I do.

But I am who I am and this blog reflects that. 

Today's review, MF Ruckus, also has that kind of vibe. 

They're a self described Rock'n'Roll band because they don't want to fall down the rabbit holes of the subgenre and frankly I can't blame them. 

I've been turned down when I've branched out because that radio station didn't broadcast that kind of music, meaning metal. Variety is the spice of life and it's always nice to hear something that moves beyond the standard 4/4 time, 2/4 beat of rock....


MF Ruckus, Rock'n'Roll Warriors
I came to the conclusion that I had to review this album when the song "All My Heroes Are In Hell" popped up on shuffle.

It sounded so country. It reminded me so much of Bob Wayne, but kind of metal and full of distortion.

This is one of the masks our new friends wear.

They do not fit into any genre, subgenre, or category for more than four minutes at a time, at most.

Their music is bouncy, raucous, and it feels good to listen to it.

Eddie Van Halen once said he liked rapid changes, because he liked falling off of buildings, well, this music makes him just look cute.

MF Ruckus never stands still. Their vibe is as huge as the guitars, the drums, the bass, the vocals, well I guess it's just as big as the music itself. 

In spite of their travelling down paths worn by Johnny Cash, Metallica, AC/DC, Kiss, Iron Maiden, Visigoth, and Mercyful Fate, the album never sounds forced and always flows.

They took their ingredients and made a stew that honors their forebears by forging a new sound that just flat out rocks.

Release: 4/18/15
Label: DIY
Genre: Rock'n'Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment